Trust & Privacy
There appears to be a growing problem with the monitoring of domain searches at certain registrars and whois websites, and the use of such data to enable unscrupulous domain tasting or kiting.
It happens like this
- You think of a domain name that you would like to register.
- You check at a registrar or whois website and find that it's still available.
- For some reason, you delay registering it for a few minutes.
- When you go back to get it, you find that in that short space of time it's been taken!
Very occasionally. But repeated tests with obscure domain names like 7hq9e0syf541.com have shown beyond reasonable doubt that there's more to it than that.
Here is a summary of our position on this, so that you may have complete confidence in iWhois.
- We do not monitor searched domains at iWhois that are available for registration.
- We never access or extract such data from our server logfiles. These are emptied daily.